Welcome to Read and Tell It Like It Is

"To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend; to read it for a second time it to meet an old one." - Chinese Saying

Friday, May 27, 2011

Quote of the Day - Fly me to the Moon

Hello.

New Idea: Everyday I will post a quote from a favorite book,  from a book I am currently reading or a quote from someone in my life. I like to write down quotes that I find amusing, or inspirational.

So quote of the day is: "Even though there were no shortage of hotties in Manhattan, finding an age-approptiate, unmarried hottie with a good job was like getting a really great gift-with-purchase--they were only available while supplies lasted. Where as finding an unmarried, age-appropriate hottie with a good job who wasn't afraid to commit would be like locating the Holy Grail--we've all heard it exists, though we've yet to see it for ourselves." -Alyson Noel, "Fly Me to the Moon

When I read this part of the book I laughed out loud. It just warmed my heart to know that I am not the only one searching for the perfect man, and am not the only one who is not able to find him. I would give this book three stars, because it is not a terrible dense book, but the overall story has a nice plot, and quotes like this throughout the book give it a nice warm, comic feel.

Quick Summary: Flight attendant Hailey Lane is happy to be home early to see her boyfriend on her birthday, and at her apartment a surprise awaits her, one that she does not welcome. With a broken heart, she sets out onto a world wide trip, with the help of free flight passes and long layovers in beautiful places, she begins to see the world and all it has to offer her.

I thought this was a nice light funny beach read that warms the heart, and reminds us that heart break isn't always as bad as it seems and that the world is full with possibilities for each and everyone of us, we just have to take a leap of faith and hope that we find what we are looking for.

xoxo
Miss Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment